Quirem Medical B.V. is a MedTech company involved in the manufacturing and product development of a new therapy for treatment of liver tumors, through radioactive microspheres containing holmium this technique is known as radioembolization. For our services we use personal data, and we work together with other companies and organizations. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that your personal data is handled carefully. Quirem Medical B.V. processes and secures your personal data conscientiously, observing the applicable privacy legislation.
Personal data we process
Quirem Medical B.V. processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you have provided us with your personal data. Below you can find an example of the personal data we can process.
- First and lastname
- Address, postal code, place of residence, country of residence.
- BSN-number (national personal identification number)
- Phone number and similar information necessary for communication
- Email address
- Financial information (bank account number, debts, invoices)
- VAT number
- Any other personal data you provide us actively with, by phone or correspondence.
The objective and legal grounds for the processing of personal data
Quirem Medical B.V. processes your personal data in the context of business management for the following, non-exhaustive, purposes:
- Handling of your payment;
- Delivery of the requested service or products;
- To contact you via phone or email when required to fulfill our agreement and/or to perform our services;
- Advertisement and the provision of information about our services and product, as well as changes therein;
- Offering other services and products which may interest you;
- Customer satisfaction research;
- Internal reporting, statistical analysis, to market services and products of Quirem Medical B.V., and to improve service and products;
- Fulfill legal obligations.
Quirem Medical B.V. bases her processing on the following grounds:
- Execute the agreement: For providing our service and to enter an agreement, we collect and use the required personal data for making an offer, creation and execution of the agreement.
- Legal obligation: processing of personal data can be required for fulfilling legal obligations.
- Legitimate interest: Collection and use of certain personal data is necessary to give substance to company interests and company management. For example, commercial purposes such as offering products or services which may be of interest for you, or in the context of market research to improve our products and service.
We have aimed to give you a comprehensive overview of the personal data we, or a third party, process, mentioning the purpose and legal grounds. We realize it is impossible to be complete and fully detailed. Partly because of the fact that in the future, other, or unforeseen purposes can play a role, in which personal data needs to be processed. We want to emphasize the care we will continue to take in such cases, to be meticulous and careful in processing your personal data.
Correctness of data
For the correct execution of the agreement and/or service, we trust the correctness of the data in our possession. If your data may change, we kindly ask you to inform us thereof.
Retention period of personal data
Quirem Medical B.V. will store your personal data no longer than strictly required to meet the purpose for which they were collected. Starting point is that your personal data will be stored in accordance with the fiscal retention period of at least 7 years, unless on legal grounds, other legislation or legitimate interest a longer retention period or your personal data is warranted or required.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Quirem Medical B.V. will share your personal data with third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement, in connection with our services, due to a legitimate interest, and/or to fulfil legal obligation. We can in this framework provide personal data to: (non-exhaustive list)
- Government authorities, to fulfil required legal obligations of Quirem Medical B.V.;
- Third parties in case of outsourcing activities. These activities will be carried out under the responsibility of Quirem Medical B.V., conform our security standards and by our instruction;
- Third party expertise agencies and research agencies, for proceedings in case of damage, and required reports;
- Lawyers due to advice or in relation to legal procedures;
- Legal successors, in case of take-over of (a part of) Quirem Medical B.V. If personal data is shared in this case, the processing of personal data will remain in agreement with this declaration.
Processing outside the European Union
Quirem Medical B.V. is an organization that provides her services and products worldwide. In view of this global character of the services provided by Quirem Medical B.V., personal data can be forwarded to, used by, stored or otherwise processed in different countries than the country where the data was obtained. Quirem Medical B.V. will in all cases ensure an appropriate level of protection by means of standard agreements provided by the EU, or a permit.
Quirem Medical B.V. can use your personal data for direct marketing for other services and products that, according to our opinion, can be of interest to you. We will always provide you with the option to indicate your personal data cannot be used for the purpose of direct marketing. If Quirem Medical B.V. approaches you by email for marketing purposes, we will require your prior consent.
Viewing your data, modify or delete
You have the right to view, modify or delete your personal data. Additionally, you have the right to withdraw permission for the processing of personal data, or to object to the processing of your data by Quirem Medical B.V. You have the right to data portability, which means that you can request us to send your personal data we recorded, in a computer file to you or another organization, as specified by you. Any request for viewing, modification, deletion, data transfer, or withdrawal of permission can be directed to HR@quirem.com. To ensure the request was filed by you, we ask you to enclose a copy of your identification with your request. Please obscure your photograph, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers on the bottom of the passport), passport number and BSN number (citizen service number) to protect your privacy. We will respond as soon as possible, but within 4 weeks, to your request. Should you have complaints regarding the processing of personal data by Quirem Medical B.V., we would like to hear them. In that case, we request you to contact us as well. We will look together for a solution to the complaint. You have the right to file a complaint to the privacy authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl)
Security of personal data
Quirem Medical B.V. takes protection of your data seriously, and takes fitting measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted publication and unauthorized modification. Should you have the impression your data is not well secured, or find indications of abuse, please contact Quirem Medical B.V. by way of phone (+31 (0) 85 04 04 170) or email (HR@quirem.com)
Quirem Medical B.V.
7418 AH DEVENTER, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 – 85 04 04 170