see what you treat, treat what you see
1. QuiremSpheres® are shipped in ready-to-use patient-specific vials. There is no need for patient-dose preperation on-site.
2. QuiremSpheres® can be visualized with high accuracy (MRI) and high sensitivity (SPECT) after the treatment to verify dose delivery.
3. QuiremSpheres® comes with Q-Suite dosimetry software, tailored for evaluating 166Ho SIRT.
4. Local product specialists will fully support you in setting-up the software, on-site imaging equipment and training of involved staff.
5. We offer you a peer-to-peer QuiremSpheres® training program, including proctoring by a SIRT clinical expert, to ensure a seamless first treatment experience.
QuiremSpheres® consists of biocompatible poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) microspheres containing Holmium-166. The microspheres have a mean diameter of 30 micrometer (97% between 15 to 60 micrometer). Holmium-166 is a high-energy beta emitting isotope for therapeutic use. The maximum energy of the beta particles is 1.85 MeV (50.0%) and 1.77 MeV (48.7%). The maximum range of the emitted beta particles in tissue is 8.7 mm with a mean of 2.5 mm. In addition, Holmium-166 emits primary gamma photons (81 KeV). The half-life is 26.8 hours, which means more than 90% of the radiation is delivered within the first 4 days following the implantation procedure. At planned moment of treatment, the activity per microsphere is approximately 240-375 Bq. QuiremSpheres® is a permanent implant.
QuiremSpheres® is indicated for the treatment of unresectable liver tumours.
QuiremSpheres® is intended for implantation into hepatic tumours by delivery via the hepatic artery.
As outpatient treatment, QuiremSpheres® are injected by a microcatheter in the hepatic artery and are transported by the blood flow to the tumor(s) in the liver. The tip of the microcatheter is put in the optimal position, as determined during the pre-treatment planning phase. The full procedure takes about 60 minutes.
It is strongly recommended to use the QuiremSpheres® administration system for performing the implantation of the QuiremSpheres® microspheres.
QuiremSpheres® microspheres are contraindicated in patients who have:
next-generation microspheres for sirt
Set-up imaging systems and install software
This webpage can include promotional content regarding one or several products of Quirem Medical, or some procedures concerning the use or implantation of such products. This webpage is exclusively intended for healthcare professionals and is in no event directed to the general public.